Sunday, May 24, 2009

Jane Austen fans, anyone??

We had a wonderful weekend! The weather here has been gorgeous. It has been so nice to see the SUN here, especially for our last weekend in Huddersfield. I can't believe our time here has already come and gone! I still sometimes find it hard to believe that I am actually here. I forget! Anyways, on Saturday we went to Lyme Park and to Chatsworth. These are the places where the old and new Pride and Prejudice homes are located. I have to admit I'm not really the biggest Jane Austen fan, but it was a great place to visit. It kinda makes me want to watch the movies and see where I visited! I know there are going to be so MANY pictures, but it's hard to pick!


Lyme Park
(The house from the old movie)

This is the front of the house


This is a little well inside the house
(The top right picture is actually at Chatsworth)


I guess this is somewhat of a significant part in the movie. If you have seen it you I'm sure you would probably recognize it :)


The back of the house














Chatsworth House
The house from the new movie

Chatsworth House

A few pics inside the house. The lighting was bad so it was hard to get good ones


The water got to 200 FEET high!!


There were costumes in the house. We obviously had to try them on!



~Masquerade~


There was a lot of beautiful scenery surrounding the house


The house from another angle










This is us with Phil, our driver. He also picked us up from the airport when we first arrived here in England. He is also the one who took us to his son's cricket game. We love Phil!! It was sooo nice not to have to deal with public transportation. That is another thing that made our day so great :)

No comments: