Friday, May 1, 2009

I Made It

I can't believe I am actually here in England!! I really am going to use this blog as a journal, so there will be lots of detail that you may not care about so.... welcome to my very personal life :)

I left Provo at 4AM for my 7AM flight in Salt Lake City. We had to sit on the plane for about an hour because of rainy weather in Chicago. We flew to Chicago and had a 6 hour lay over, plus we boarded late and we ended up sitting on the plane for over an hour again waiting to take off. The flight from Chicago to Manchester was about 7.5 hours. The travel time was very long, but we made it! Yay! We arrived here at about 8AM (Manchester time) so we had a whole day ahead of us still! I'm doing my best to get my sleeping cycle in sync with the time, but I'm soooo tired! That is one reason I am doing this now, to keep me busy so I don't fall asleep!! I haven't even been here 24 hours and I feel like so much has happened!

It is absolutely BEAUTIFUL here. Everything is so lush and green and so pretty to look at. We are pretty lucky because we are staying in campus housing, but it's about 10 minutes away from the city and it looks and feels like we are living in the country side. We actually have an entire building of apartments to ourselves that aren't being used for just the 6 of us. Unfortunately, one girl had to drop out because of health reasons, so it is 5 student plus our instructor.

We took a trip to the grocery store and something kinda funny happened. We were trying to get a grocery cart and they were all hooked to eachother. We kept trying to unhook them and push buttons to get one, but we couldn't figure it out!! So a man came up and took one with no problem and we realized you have to pay to get one! Who would have thought you have to PAY to use a grocery cart?!?! It's only like one pence or something, I don't know. We ended up using the small crates that you carry.

After we got all of our groceries, we came to get settled in to our apartments. Our building is called Boothroyd. Then I decided to go running with Carianne. We found the coolest trails and we were running through the green beautiful forest and it was so fun!! Of course we made stops along the way to take some great pictures! There were so many people walking with their dogs through as we were running. The weather has been so perfect today and so nice.

Other than that I have just been figuring things out and trying to get settled in. We will be going to the hospital starting Tuesday. I am so ecxited for the next little while that I have to be here in England. I know it's going to be so much fun and an awesome learning experience!!

My room
Our apartment building, Boothroyd




Me and Carianne :)

Running in the beautiful tree forest!!


Isn't everything so dang pretty??!!


2 comments:

Kyler and Hillary said...

oh my gosh, I could cry! I am so happy that you have posted! I wanted to get an email to you so that when you checked it the first time..you'd have one waiting for you! HEID! what a great journal entry. I love every single detail. keep it up! Your pictures look amazing! I am jealous of your run and the beauty.holy moly! Oh heidi cakes! I miss you already...LOVE YOU

Unknown said...

Heidi I love that you are there and you look so great!!! Man it is gorgeous there!!! You better be having the time of your life:) I am sure you are haha can't wait to keep seeing the pics and reading the posts!