Tuesday, July 7, 2009

LONDON TOWN

We made it to London and it seems like a blur to me! It went by so fast! London was pretty awesome. We stayed in the Mowbray Court Hotel where apparently lots of BYU students stay while staying in London. It was a pretty good location. The tube station was just around the corner and we could get to the main sites pretty quick.

Candice and I in front of our hotel

Day 1... We went to Buckingham Palace to watch the changing of the guard. We were there about an hour early waiting, it was really crowded, so HOT, and not very exciting....kind of a disappointment. I know a lot of people think it's awesome, but I wasn't super impressed.

I don't know how they didn't have heat strokes with those outfits on!


We took a boat city cruise down the Thames River, which was pretty sweet. It took us from Westminster to Greenwich. We saw a lot of the sites along the river.


After the cruise we went home and got ready for...WICKED!! It was sooooo good!! I have been wanting to see this for so long and I finally did. I love the music and the performers were incredible! Loved it :)

This is us so excited to go see Wicked!



Day 2.... First we went to the Globe Theatre and took a tour. It was pretty interesting. It is set up like Shakespear's original theatre.

I found this stone on the ground outside at the Globe Theatre!

We were able to see some of the actors rehearsing

We walked over to St. Paul's Cathedral. I love all the cathedral's we have been to. We went up to the tower and down to the crypt's.

I'm walking across the Tower Bridge and St. Paul's Cathedral is behind me.


This is on top of St. Paul's Cathedral. You can see the London Eye between the bars :)


We of course HAD to visit the Florence Nightingale Museum. She was a wonderful and inspiring woman!



This night we went and saw PHANTOM OF THE OPERA!! It was really good!

Michelle and I after Phantom! AMAZING!

Day 3.... This morning we got up and gave presentations on nurses that we had researched. Carianne and I presented on Mary Breckenridge who was an outstanding nurse in her time. We visited the Tower of London and saw the crown jewels, torture chambers, and much more!

Michelle and I in front of the Tower of London


The guards


We are at the Tower of London with the Tower Bridge behind us, look close...the bridge is opening for a big boat coming through!

We also visited the Tower Bridge. We hiked to the top and then down to the engine room.



We had our last lunch together at Hornimans on the Hays. It was pretty yummy! After lunch we went to King's Cross train station and went to Platform 9 3/4!!

Hogwarts here I come!!!

This is one of my favorite pictures! Big Ben is behind me! Big Ben is actually the bell inside the tower, not the clock...did you know that? I didn't. I think this building is beautiful.

This night some of us went to the Royal Philharmonic Orchestra at Royal Albert Hall. It was an absolute amazing performance. Nicola Bandetti was a guest violin soloist and she is UNBELIEVABLE! I am so glad I got to hear her perform live.

In front of Royal Albert Hall before the concert


Inside the concert hall. We had great seats right behind the orchestra!

After we got home I packed my backpacking backpack to get ready for Paris! We left at 4:30AM the next morning...

3 comments:

Chris and Christina said...

definitely my FAVORITE part about london had to be the florence nightingale museum. wow. ;) hope they washed those nasty hats in their. good times.

Carianne King said...

yay! you are getting caught up! you'll get there! ;) can't wait to hear about the part I WASN'T there for!! miss you, girl!

Kyler and Hillary said...

I can't wait to have a couple or few hours to go through your blog and hear all these details from your mouth!